Louise T. filling in for Floss this month.
Join the double pinochle players on Thursdays starting at 9:30am. Call Gloria at 773-0151 for info.
Don’t forget! Join the Last Friday Movie Group? Contact: Carol Robitschek 321/773-5139.
Transportation is available if needed. The movie dates are April 25, May 30th, June 27, July 25, Aug 29.
Amelia Island, St. Augustine and Jacksonville
Learn the history of the area from knowledgeable guides, visit the Kingsley Plantation, relax while cruising on the St. John’s River. Driving, restaurant, hotel reservations and other plans are all made for you! Come and have fun for just $269 per person, all inclusive. April 30th -May 2nd. Call Jill 773-2080
Day Trips: Look for a gambling trip in March and some fun excursions are in the works for April and May. The Jan 30th Seminole Casino Coconut Creek trip was a big success and everyone had a great time! Contact Terry Mellon at 321/773-7705 to keep updated.
Great programs offered and are taught by volunteers! Examples are Fitness, Singing, Knitting, Story Telling, Education, Language plus more. The 8-week programs cost $20.00 (some may require books or material). Pick up a schedule at the DRS Ctr; call 321/610-3937;email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.myshepherdcenter.org
- Remove thing you can trip over
- Use night lights in bedrooms, bathroom & hallways
- Increase lighting in your home
- Modify your bathroom (use non-slip bath mats, add grab bars in show, tub and toilet areas, and consider sing an elevated toilet seat
- Wear non-slip, low heeled shoes
- If you own your own home, paint the top step into the home a different color