The trip that was canceled this year due to the COVID-19 crisis to Biloxi & New Orleans has be rescheduled for March 15 – 20, 2021. Cost and information are the same as before $500pp. For information and reservations contact.: Jill Blakeway at 321/773-2080 or Jillb215@aol.com
Usually by this time of year if 2020 the $10 dues had not paid, those non-paid members would have been “inactivated” on our membership roster. Since we have not been able to access our data base, everyone is receiving the May/June issue. However, your dues are still due if you have not paid for 2020. Its best if you mail them to 1089 So. Patrick Dr., Satellite Beach, Fl. 32937, as postal mail is still being received at this address.
Remember, most members that have email are now receiving the newsletter that way though MailChimp’s secure server. If you are having difficulty receiving the newsletter in this manner please check your SPAM folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “Sender Contact” list to ensure continued delivery of our newsletter.
If you do not have an email, your newsletter will continue to be postal mailed to you. If you do have an email address, but have requested the newsletter be mailed to you, we have made that change. In addition, also announcements for special events will be sent by this process. Please help us save on postage while being environmentally more friendly reducing paper use.
Here’s a few quotes and quips:
This one is from Jennifer Helin of Seniors Helping Seniors
- That moment when you’re worried about the elderly and realize that you are the elderly!
Take care of yourselves,
Jennifer Helin, Owner
- “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.” Abraham Lincoln
- If we shouldn’t eat at night, why is there a light in the fridge?
- Crises are part of life. Everybody has to face them, and it doesn’t make any difference what the crisis is.” Jack Nicklaus
- I did a push-up today. Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so.. You know, Close enough. I need some chocolate!
- “In prehistoric times, mankind often had only two choices in crisis situations: fight or flee. In modern times, humor offers us a third alternative; fight, flee – or laugh.” Robert Orben
- The more you weight the harder you are to kidnap. Stay safe, eat cake!
- “When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters — one represents danger, and the other represents opportunity.” John F. Kennedy
- All My life I thought air was free…until I bought a bag of chips!
- First time in history we can save the human race by lying in front of the T.V. and doing nothing. Let’s not screw this up!
- Gratitude and attitude are not challenges, they are choices
- “No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers.” …
- “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” Winnie the Pooh
- “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”
Do you have any interesting or funny pictures taken during this stay at home? Or maybe a funny or interesting story? Also share with us what you have been doing at home. You are also welcome to send any encouraging messages. If so, please share them with Louise S. email@example.com and we will add them to our Facebook page.
Check out our photo album on Facebook!
Why not share this information with members who don’t have email access – print it for them!
Louise Stevenson, Vice President, Newsletter & Membership
Their project “The Little Free Library”, sponsored by our Book Club, is up and running. You’ll find two bookcases set up in the DRS foyer full of books for kids. Children that frequent the center are encouraged to read a book while there or take the book home. They can return it or keep it! Thank you to the Satellite Beach Women’s Club who also made this their project and donated over 130 books for the children! To donate books or find out more about the Book Club contact Joyce at 321-961-6408, firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and have some fun! Decorate and wear your special hat and be part of the contest for the best hat and maybe win a prize! Enjoy a delicious box lunch which will include, a sandwich on a croissant roll, salad, pickle, fruit and dessert. There will be entertainment, games, door prizes and 50/50! The date is Thursday April 23, 2020 at
11:30am in the DRS Community Center. Tickets are required and are limited. The cost is $7.00 for members and $9.00 for nonmembers. Tickets will be available for purchase at bingo and at the DRS Community Center beginning February 24th. For questions contact 321/773-6458.
Do you enjoy jig saw puzzles? Many people do and often have one set up all the time in their home, but how often do you want to work on a puzzle you’ve already mastered? We are working on holding a Jigsaw Puzzle exchange. The exchange will be seasonal – Winter, Spring and Fall. The first meeting will be Thursday April 30, 2020 from 1 to 2pm at the DRS Community Center. Future dates will be announced. You are welcome to bring any puzzles you would like to trade with someone else. You have a few months to finish any puzzles you are currently working on and be ready to come to the spring puzzle exchange. Watch for future dates! This activity is open to the community.
Sponsored by the 55+ Club of Satellite Beach and City of Satellite Beach March 12, 2020,10:00am to 2:00pm at the David R. Schechter Community Center. This free Health Fair is to educate and inform our community of the programs and services available in Brevard County. Come join us on March 12th and visit the various vendors. You will have an opportunity to receive give-a-ways, refreshments and door prizes. If your company offers a service to seniors and you wish to participate in this Health Fair please contact Jill Blakeway at 321/773-2080 or JillB215@aol.com for details.